Saturday, September 11, 2010

Seb is back

Ok guys, last weekend was definitely legendary! Mr. Veldmann surpassed everyone's greatest expectations! I'm still so overwhelmed with emotions and it's not easy to put all impressions into words, but I'll try my best!:)

Location: Dusseldorf's most fabulous club 3001. Time: 23pm. Patric La Funk is standing behind the booth, getting the crowd ready for a huge party. I had the amazing opportunity to experience this event from a new point of view and standing next to Patric, while he was playing, was just awesome! Watching all these people dancing around and singing along with their favourite songs was so breathtaking!










When I was at his gig for the first time last June I got this strange feeling that he's going to have a huge career, even bigger than it already was. Now, this feeling of mine has slightly become reality and I'm most certain that Patric La Funk is one of the most talented house music producers in Germany! Among Patric's choice for the night were songs like Mark Knight's "Devil Walking", the amazing bootleg of "Watch the Sunrise" which Patric made together with Prok & Fitch, "Nothing Better" by Erick Morillo and Eddie Thoneick and right after I thought it couldn't get any better I heard "Hey Hey" by Dennis Ferrer and "Pong Forever" by Wippenberg vs. Norman Doray & Tristan Garner.







At about 1am Patric made room for Goldfish - two great musicians from Cape Town, who amazed me with their set. I've always been a huge fan of the mix up of house music and live played intruments, but Goldfish can't be compared to anything else. Dominic Peters and David Poole offered such a great variety of sounds, which made the songs even more awesome!





It was 2am when Sebastian Ingrosso entered the club and made his way to the stage. As expected, everyone went crazy :D What can I say - Dizzeldorf loves him. And for a good reason. Seb gave his best. He played for more than two hours and it was one hit after the other - "One", "Kidsos", "In the Air", "My God", "Leave the World Behind" and many, many more. I was really looking forward to hear the new Swedish House Mafia track and I didn't have to wait long. "Miami 2 Ibiza" is even more electrifying live! One of my personal highlights of his set was "Sweet Disposition". I guess, the SHM guys could play this song for the next 10 years and it'll never get boring.









I had the luck to be on two more of Sebastian's gigs this year and it is so great that his set is still full of surprices! Standing behind him, while he was mixing was intoxicating. He is so in love with what he's doing, he lives through his music and when he's playing you have the feeling that he's the most happiest person in the world. :)




After Ingrosso left, Patric took over the booth for the second time this evening to continue with his amazing set. All in all, it was one of the best parties I've been so far. And I'm really, really looking forward to the next one. :))





Special thanks to Patric La Funk, Benny Bokrezion and Fabian Veldmann

No comments:

Post a Comment