Monday, July 4, 2011

Say Hello To....DIZTRAK

He is only in his early twenties but he already plays like a professional. He wants to be out there and to have it all, right here and right now. And he's on his best way to get what he wants. While others dream of achieving something, he is already doing it. I'm really curious what his next goal will be, because once he has one, it's only a matter of time until he's accomplished it. Exactly one year after no one less than Axwell rocked the fabulous 3001 with his massive tunes, HE played his first gig there. I'm verry happy to present...Diztrak.



E: Diztrak, you played for the first time @ 3001 three weeks ago. What was it like to be not just a regular guest but the actual act of the evening?

D: Hey Elly, first I have to say, that the 3001 is my absolute favorite Club in Germany, it´s a fantastic location and I love their audio and sound system. I’ve visited the club several times as a guest, because there often play very good Djs like Ingrosso, Fedde, Axwell and my favorite german Dj, Patric la Funk. So for me it was a very crazy feeling to stand behind the mixer in this dj booth, where such great Djs have played and it was a great step for me. So it was a great feeling, to see my name on the wall and to just do the thing I love most.



E: Name some of the producers you’re looking up to.

D: There are so many good producers... of course, Avicii is doing great stuff, like his new single „Levels“ but there are also some not so well known producers like Alex Martello, who´s doing great remixes, Patric la Funk who has two great new singles and his „old“ Autosave, Nicky Romero with his masive style... and of course people like Pryda and Steve Angello, who are constantly releasing great stuff.



E: What are your goals for the rest of 2011?

D: There are different goals. Firstly, I hope to get more gigs in good clubs like the 3001 and on the other hand some friends of mine and I are planning to do a new series of parties, where we’ll have a great line up, full of newcomers from Germany.



E: What is being a DJ for you?

D: For me, there is a big difference between a DJ and a producer. I know a lot of very good Djs, who did brilliant songs but are boring when they play live. And there are people, who never started to produce, but play massive sets at their gigs. For me, a good Dj is someone who plays the music, the crowd wants, but not just the top 100 charts, but also new, unknown tracks and a good mixture of that. Olli Wallner said to me, that a Dj must be like a good movie. You have the typical concept of an action film, but you have to combine it with new elements, so that the spectators view something new and good and not only the standard production. A lot of people don´t know, that there is a lot of work behind a Dj set, it´s not only playing one song and then the next, you have to note so much things to play a great set. And for me, a good Dj is someone, who has this structure, new songs, classics and new ideas how he can bring his work to a new level.

special set for a special person by Diztrak


E: How would you describe your style?

D: It´s complicated to describe my style. When I play in a club, I try to play not so many original songs. I love it to mix songs together, so that I can show the people something new, like on my last gig where I started with a mash up of Replica, Bangduck and Technologic. I never play one set two times, and sometimes I need hours, to find new tracks for my set. So I would describe my style as a „Knick knack Dirty Funk progressive Style“, because there is something new every time and often a mixture of all House Genres together, but of course I try to have a structure in that and not to play too chaotic.



E: Are you working on own productions?

D: I finished school two weeks ago and now, I have the time to work on my own productions. I bought some software and hardware to plunge now into productions. Without own songs it´s complicated today to become a famous Dj..



E: Your favourite tracks at the moment are…?

D: I have a lot of good new Tracks. The 5 best are: Benoit&Sergio – Walk and talk, is extremly good to relax. Christian Smith & Reset Robot - Air Miles (2000 And One & DJ Madskillz), an older track, but old is gold. Fedde le Grand – Metrum, Fedde is always doing great stuff. Sak Noel – Loca people, which is a brilliant summer song. And the last one: Steve Angello - Who's Who – Yeah, a new Song of Steve Angello, which is like his „the moment“ Edit very massive.

No comments:

Post a Comment