Friday, May 4, 2012

GET NO SLEEP pres. NEONLAND with PATRIC LA FUNK, EDDIE THONEICK, FEDDE LE GRAND & DENIZ KOYU

One year after I first met Eddie Thoneick & Fedde Le Grand at Tanz in den Mai in Dusseldorf's 3001 and spent my absolute greatest after b-day party with them, Patric la Funk, Alex Metric & Nicky Romero, I instantly knew that I want to do the same this year. The location changed, but the usual suspects remained pretty much the same.

Get No Sleep launched its party Neonland at the famous Bootshaus in Cologne on 30/04 and made my dream come true. With a line up like this - Patric la Funk, Eddie Thoneick, Fedde Le Grand & Deniz Koyu - it could only become a night to remember. And it definitely was!



The party started at around 10pm, when Patric played some tracks to warm up the crowd. It didn't take long until everyone was dancing and jumping around. What can I say, he knows what he's doing. What is more, he was filming the video clip of his latest track with DJ Delicious this evening. The new tune, which promises to be a very big one, is called "Smile" and all you had to do to be in the video was to just wear something with the word or an actual smile on it. I felt a great vibe from the crowd with all those people smiling and I thought to myself that Patric is finally getting the acknoledgment, which he has always deserved. I could clearly see this when he played "Autosave" - the track with Fedde Le Grand came out last year on 14/02 and now, over a year later, it seems like everyone knows and loves it.



The second DJ, who took over the DJ booth was Eddie Thoneick and although I didn't win his iPad, I still love to see him play :D I love his style and the way he lives through his music. If you haven't seen him live yet, this is something you should definitely do soon! He puts so much energy into his sets, you just have to jump around to every single one of his beats. I'm also a huge fan of all of Eddie's bootlegs. He is taking the best out of two songs and turns them into one amazing track. This makes his sets absolutely unique.





Patric played again right after Eddie, just in time to shoot the second part of the video "Smile" together with DJ Delicious and two crazy monsters :D Then it was time for Deniz Koyu to take over the DJ booth. It was my first time to see Deniz live. Letting him play before Fedde was a very wise move, because he has a very similar style - one of the many reasons why he released some of his tracks on Fedde's label Flamingo Recordings. The crowd loved him and now I know why he's on this year's MTV "EDM Rookies to watch" list.





Last but not least played Fedde Le Grand. It was his second show this evening. He came straight from the Cocoon Club in Frankfurt and that's why his show started at 4am. This is usually the time when most people begin to leave, but something was different that night. It was almost like there was something in the air after Fedde's arrival - everyone went crazy. The club was so packed, you couldn't move an inch, let alone dance. Nevertheless, we all enjoyed every minute of it.





So now it's official: 30/04 is my absolute favorite day to go to a party. Not only, because it's a couple of days after my birthday, but because every time it turnes out to be a legendary night!

If you want to see the whole gallery, visit my FB page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment