Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DIRTY SOUTH - SPEED OF LIFE



The speed of life is clearly to fast for me, since I wasn't able to sit down and listen through Dirty South's debut album until today. Nevertheless, I finally made it!

Actually, I wanted to take enough time to really listen to this album, because I had great expectations for the productions and didn't want to hustle just to write down something. So after a couple of days of non stop listening to the tracks on the album, I can say with big relief that this is one of the best EDM albums I've ever heard. It's absolutely perfect and despite of what some stupid people might have said about it since it was released, it has most certainly more than enough drops.

It is very unusual for me to like more than 50% of an album and yet, it's never to late to get nicely surprised. "Speed of Life" has altogether ten tracks and I'm deeply in love with exactly eight of them. I really liked the fact that he produced four tracks with vocals, it's a very nice addition to the rather melodically composition of the album.

The first track is called "Gods" and is featured by Ruben Haze, who you should definitely know after he sang the vocals in "City of dreams" by Alesso & Dirty South. The second track is named "Super sounds" and is one of the three edgiest tracks on the album, the other two being "Champions" and one of my favorites - "Reset".

Joe Gil is my new favorite singer, since he's co-responsible for "Until the end" and "Your Heart". You can't imagine how beautiful these tracks are! You can actually feel the love, the passion and all the emotions, which Dragan and Joe have put into these tracks. In fact, the whole album is full of love. While listening to it, I kinda got the feeling that Dragan has fulfilled a long time dream of his by completing it. There is not a single track on this album, which is unnecessary, because every track tells a different story, a piece of "Speed of Life".

There is no album by Dirty South without at least one collab with Rudy and their latest track "Something Like You" is number eight on the album and simply amazing.

What can I say, all in all, it is a great album, I would even go further and called it a masterpiece! If you haven't bought it yet, now would be a good time to do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment