Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter?! No, Patric La Funk! :D


If happiness was a pill, I sure did take a lot of it yesterday!!!! :D
I'm just waking up after another amazing night at my beloved 3001 in Düsseldorf and I had a blast like every single time there..I can not put in words how much energy I get through the gigs there!!!

Star of the night was my favourite German DJ Patric La Funk, who now has his own night @3001 once a month along with his residency. And this party was a bit more special to me than the other ones, because it was the official pre-celebration of my birtday :D



Patric opened the night with Axwell's amazing "Heart Is King", followed by Chris Lake's "Secrets In The Dark". The song after was the sweetest coincidence ever, because it was Mark Knight's "Yalta Groove" and as I wrote last month about it, this song is decicated to my favourite home town club "Yalta" (which, by the way climbed up to #19!!!! in this year's DJ Mag 100 Clubs!!!!). So you can only imagine how it felt to hear this very special song to me live, played by Patric :)



He did play a looooooooooooot of good music, some new tracks like his colab with Inpetto "Blizzard" (coming out on Spinnin' Records 21/06) and some good known tracks like Pendulum's "The Island". I really wanted to hear his new song "Baltic" (which you had with you, Pat, don't pretend you didn't :D I SAW IT!!!! :D) but I guess, I'll have to wait until the next time.



What can I say...like always, it's soooo damn worth it to drive to Düsseldorf for Patric's gigs. I love the way he's playing, he's doing it with so much passion, it's just pure inspiration to watch him having so much fun behind the DJ booth :)



If you want to see Patric live - he is having a gig next Saturday at 3001, when he'll be doing the warm-up for Alex Metric!

Happy Easter, everyone ;)

1 comment: