Monday, September 26, 2011

MUST-HAVES

Inspired by how the Swedes took over Pete Tong's show two weeks ago and in addition to my article about it, I want to make you a must-have list of tracks.

Starting with Dada Life and their amazing "Happy Violence". The song is really melodic (not that you've ever heard something else from the guys :D) and it's also a pleasure to watch the crazy video.



Next track is Niki and the Dove – Mother Protect (Alex Metric Remix) with the very specific and typical cosmic sound of Alex Metric. It's very different from the music I usually hear, but I'm noticing lately, that I'm much more open-minded for interesting sounds than I was before. Let's just hope that you are so as well :D




The next one was a track that came across me in Axwell's mix. The producer is still not so well known, but Axwell is someone, who will rather play a no-name, if he likes it, than something known from everyone. So here you go, Michael Calfan and his "Resurrection"...

Michael Calfan - Resurrection (Preview) by Michael Calfan


There's no autumn without Robyn. Avicii's last year remix of her "Hang with me" is epic! And so is her new track, properly remixed by no one less than Mr. Fedde le Grand. Enjoy:



The next one is one hell of a track, it's Michael Woods' "Bullet". One word: GENIOUS!

Michael Woods - Bullet [PREVIEW] by michaelwoods


And altough Steve (who I usually love) did get on my nerves by continiously pushing his brother in the show (seriously, how many times you have to say his name? Antoine is a great producer, he doesn't need to be mentioned in every second sentence. And just for the record, playing "Whisper" two times in one show, separated by one song in between, is just unnecessary, no mather how great the song is). All that said, listen to Antoine and Max Vangeli and their amazing "Whisper" and "Fresh Start" - two very beautiful tracks:







The last track was quite a pleasant surprise to me. Thomas Gold showed once again what a talented producer he is by turning a Lady Gaga track into something, which I would listen to. Amazing achievement!

No comments:

Post a Comment