Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer Anthems 2011

I was thinking about doing this article for a very long time and now, at the end of this year's summer, I'm finally done with choosing THE best songs of summer 2011. Just to be clear at the beginning - I'm not saying that everything else, which was released during the summer wasn't good. I'm just presenting you the tracks which made my summer amazing :) And because they were so special to me, I really wanted to share them with you :) There won't be any particular order on how I'm posting the songs, they are all equally good. Let's get started because I have more than 20 tracks for you!

Often, when you listen to a song at home, it's not necessarily love at first tune. But then, you hear it live at a gig or a festival and BANG..it hits you right there and then how amazing it actually is. That is how I felt with "One for me" by James Talk and Ridney feat. Max C. The song was released in April, but I heard it live when Revero played it at his gig at 3001 this June. One word: AMAZING!

James Talk and Ridney Feat Max C "One For Me" (Out NOW) by James Talk


The next song is a great revival of an epic tune. Mark Knight did something unique with "You Got The Love" by Florence and The Machine. Not everyone could have done it, but he did it - his remix is better than the original.



I had a lot of great moments while listening to the next songs. Avicii is the best example for how it doesn't matter how old you are when you are talented. The guy is a genious! Seriously, every track by him is just so damn good, I don't know how he's doing it..and this is why among my summer anthems 2011 you will find not one, not two, but three tracks by Tim:

PREVIEW Avicii - "ID" by AviciiOfficial

PREVIEW Tom Hangs ft Shermanology - Blessed (Avicii Edit) by AviciiOfficial

PREVIEW Avicii - Penguin (Original Mix) by AviciiOfficial


Alesso is also a producer with a great feeling for music. Every single one of his songs, no matter if a solo project or a collab, turnes into gold. Exactly like the following two tracks:

Alex Kenji, Starkillers & Nadia Ali - Pressure (Alesso Remix) *Preview* by Alesso

Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso - Calling (Preview) by SebastianIngrosso

I'm so glad that Sebastian Ingrosso discovered him and started working with him. The result was a very fresh Swedish tune. What is more, Alesso made also a remix of "Save the world" by Swedish House Mafia. In my opinion, this is the best remix of this song.



The next song comes from Patric La Funk and Inpetto and it's called "Blizzard". And like its name, it's getting into your system like a blizzard and by turning it upside down you feel so much at the same time...unbelievable. Just like "Momentum" by Ronn Sono & Thice Santoro. And since I know "Momentum" from Patric's sets, this is the place to post it along with "Blizzard". I would love to show you his other project - "Baltic", but unfortunatelly it's impossible to find it unless you listen to Patric's guest mix on Roger Sanchez' "Release Yourself".

PATRIC LA FUNK & INPETTO - BLIZZARD (LQ PREVIEW) by patriclafunk

Ronn Sono & Thice Santoro - Momentum (Original Mix) (snip) by thicesantoro


Another amazing song is the collab between Dirty South and Thomas Gold named "Alive". What can I say - the song is pure perfection and everyone who have heard it would agree with me...

Dirty South & Thomas Gold featuring Kate Elsworth 'Alive' (Clip) by dirtysouth909

The next song comes from the UK. I've always loved everything by Calvin Harris and with "Feel so close" he just proved it once more what a great musician he is:



"Stronger" is very special to me. Not for a particular reason, but because of how I feel every time when I hear it. After two very successful collabs with Erick Morillo, Eddie Thoneick proved once again what a great team he, Erick and Shawnee Taylor are.

Erick Morillo & Eddie Thoneick "Stronger" by eddiethoneick

Another great track this summer is the very melodic "VMS" by Michael Woods. I love it because it sounds progressive and very soft at the same time.

Michael Woods - "VMS" - [PREVIEW] by michaelwoods

Two more spots on my list are for one producer, which two songs make me unbelievable happy. "Mirage" and "2night" by Eric Prydz are just beautiful:

Mirage (Original Mix) - Pryda by djnickbennett

Eric Prydz- 2Night (Creamfields Live Edit) by MegsRhea


When Tara McDonald and Sidney Samson are working together, the result is explosive. So is their latest track. Good thing they've called it "Dynamite", there's really no better name for it.

Tara McDonald vs Sidney Samson - Dynamite (Club Mix) by Tara McDonald

I'm at the end of my post and as to the last three songs - the music is so much stronger than my words. Listen to them and feel the music. Fedde le Grand, Ned Shepard, Sultan, Swanky Tunes, Arias & Arno Cost - all of them did a great job producing these tracks:

Arias & Arno Cost - The Days To Come (feat Michael Feiner) by Arno Cost

Swanky Tunes & Hard Rock Sofa - Feedback / Spinnin' Records - Preview by Hard Rock Sofa

Fedde Le Grand vs. Sultan & Ned Shepard feat. Mitch Crown - Running (Original Mix) by DailyTunez

I really hope that you will enjoy my taste in music and who knows, maybe one of the songs coulod be your next favourite track :) If you like them, please support the producers by buying the originals at Beatport.

No comments:

Post a Comment