Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tanz in den Mai with Alex Metric, Patric La Funk & Nicky Romero


They say that loyalty pays off eventually..well, this is definitelly true!

For the last 2 months I was planning on how I'll spend the 30/04 at Cologne's Bootshaus with Laidback Luke. There was a very spontaneous last minute change of plans (Diztrak, Mugle, I can't thank you guys enough for this!!), so I decided to go to 3001 in Düsseldorf after all.

I've always known that I love this club, but yesterday we took the next step in our never ending love affair.. :)



Star of the night..well, ok, correction...starS of the night were (and I still can't believe that I'm using all of those names in just one sentence!:D) Patric La Funk, Alex Metric, Nicky Romero AND Eddie Thoneick and Fedde Le Grand! The last two had the night off and thought that it would be fun to join the party crowd at 3001 :)

And it sure was a lot of fun! So much stardust at one party - this can only happen at a fabulous location like my favourite German club 3001 :) It was a quite amusing experience to see this guys, who've basically changed my life with their music (and I'm sure, I'm not speaking only for myself here!), dancing to Patric's, Alex' and Nicky's beats and enjoying the evening as much as I did :) (when I think about Eddie's dance moves, I would say that he was enjoying it even more :D)


As to the music...what can possibly be said to describe how fucking brilliant those guys are? Patric was amazing as always, my personal highlight of his set was Tim Mason's "The Moment" (Steve Angello edit) and the crowd loved it as well. What is more, he opened the night with some really great summer tunes, which were perfect after the warm & sunny day outside.



Nicky Romero took over the DJ booth a couple of minutes after midnight. The newcommer from Holland is incredibly talented and was enjoying every single beat of the music.



The second main act of the night had made me quite impatient during the day. I saw him for the first time last year in Brixton, when he was opening for Swedish House Mafia. I sure did know what to expect from him and was very glad to be at his gig again.


I'm talking about Alex Metric, of course and his unmistakable dirty, cosmic sound. Many people would probably disagree with my choice of words, I'm sure, but I'm sticking to it! Alex' music always takes me on a wild journey and I'm a strong believer that his music should be on some really cool film's soundtrack! :D He's energetic, very passionate about djing and a really professional guy and it's a pleasure to watch him play!

So, thank you guys for this very special party! I had a lovely time :)
You can see the full gallery at my FB page :)



With very special thanks to: Fabian, Patric & Darius :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a privilege to spend time with those talented guys.....looked like a wkd nite =)

    ReplyDelete