Saturday, May 14, 2011

We Love...Nicky Romero

He is one of those producers, who make music because they can. He is djing because he can. And he is damn good. It is always a pleasure to meet someone so young, who has already found his place in life and is doing exactly what he wants to do. And the most charming thing about him is that he's having a hell of a good time by doing it. Between his international gigs, new productions and shooting the video for his latest project, he kindly found some time to answer a couple of questions. I'm very glad to present...Nicky Romero.



E: Nicky, you are so young and already a super star. When did you start djing?

N: I started out making music around 2 and a half years ago and began djing around the same time.



E: You did a re-work of David Guetta’s “When Love Takes Over”. What did change for you after uploading the track on Youtube?

N: I always get loads of feedback on my bootlegs and edits, couldn't tell you exact changes but I guess it contributed to creating a small buzz around my name and I am grateful for that.


E: It was great meeting you @ Dusseldorf’s 3001 two weeks ago and I have to say, your set was incredible! Do you prepare before a show or are you rather spontaneous on what you play on a gig?

N: I of course always have an idea of what I am going to play but it mainly depends on the crowds in the club. I really focus on the energy in the room and start to work with that, different crowds call for a different musical approach. I like to play out my new tracks and remixes of course those are almost standard on my setlists but next to that it depends on the venue, the country I am in and the crowd I play for.



E: How does it feel when artist like Tiesto, Fedde le Grand or David Guetta play your songs in their sets?

N: Well that is a great honor of course!! It is always a pleasure to work with people like that and them playing out your music is the icing on the cake for me.



E: Can you remember the moment when you realised that you’ve become famous?

N: I don't know, am I famous??



E: What is house music to you?

N: Music is my life period. I listen to loads and loads of stuff, predominately electronic music of course but music is the most import thing there is.



E: Did your parents support you in your choice of becoming a DJ/producer or did they have something else in mind for you?

N: No my parents are my biggest fans and have supported the choice I made to become a producer fully. I fell blessed to have them in my corner and their undying support.



E: What projects are you working on at the moment?

N: I have just finished a remix for David Guetta and Ushers new Dirty Dance single. I am about to release a track called Keyword on Sander Van Doorn's record label and this week we are shooting a videoclip for my next release on called Skitzophrenic.




E: You’ve had gig all over the world. Which country did you enjoy most until now?

N: To be honest I enjoy playing anywhere, I love to play, different countries have different crowds but I always give it my best and try to enjoy it to the fullest.



E: Any piece of advice for the young producers out there?

N: Never give up, follow your heart and stay positive!

With very special thanks to Sander :)

1 comment:

  1. Well done Elly (how weird that we both have interviews posted within 24hrs of each other lol!)
    Both very different thou....although I have his Usher bootleg on mine too....I love it ;))

    ReplyDelete