Sunday, May 8, 2011

Who The Fuck Is DJ Antoine? ;)


Another week, another party, another DJ...same fabulous location.
After the huge sucess of his gig last December, HE returned to Dusseldorf's 3001 for round #2.


I'm talking about AN21, of course. The Swede is one of the hottest newcommer names in the scene and his music speaks for itself. People who don't know him tend to think that he is sucessful only because of his big brother Steve Angello. But the guy is insanelly talented and knows exactly what he's doing behind the DJ booth and in the studio.



His set was full of power and energy. It may be difficult for you to understand what I mean, but I had the feeling that well known songs like Pendulum's "The Island", Tim Mason's "The Moment" and Antoine's & Max' "Swedish Beauty" (by the way, THE one song that changed my life!) got a completely new sounding through AN21.



My personal highlight was "Safe The World" by Swedish House Mafia, which I heard then and there for the very first time in a club atmosphere.



Antoine played also "Nothing Better", "You got the love", "That sound" and many, many more.


The night was opened and closed by no one less than Patric La Funk. And altough I was standing next to him for the third weekend in a row, I was pleasantly surprised by some new tracks. I now officially have a new favourite tune! It isn't a new release but I believe that it's having a revival at the moment. It's called "Miami to Atlanta" and is by PRYDA......Yes, Mr. Prydz himself :)

Pryda - Miami To Atlanta by Eric Prydz Official

Pat also played "Diamonds in the sky", "Coming Home", "Angora", "Live your life" and of course "Autosave".


All in all, it was a great night, but honestly, I never expect something else from 3001 :)

With very special thanks to Pat, Fabian & Kai :)

No comments:

Post a Comment